Green vegetable stew with Skrei cod
GREEN VEGETABLE STEW WITH SKREI COD
- 1 chive peeled and cut into thin slices
- 2 young garlic, remove the outer layer and cut in half lengthwise
- 300 gr. of fresh peeled peas
- 1 handful of round green beans, clean and with the ends removed
- 100 gr. of fresh peeled faba beans
- 2-3 thistle peeled and cut into large pieces extra virgin olive oil
- 1 glass of white wine
- 1 tablespoon of butter with salt
- a few leaves of parsley and mint (optional)
- sea salt
- 1/2 kilo of Skrei cod, unsalted and prepared on loins
Put the thistle in a saucepan with salt water until it is soft, about 30 minutes.
Cover the bottom of a casserole with a thin layer of extra virgin olive oil. Heat over medium high heat and add the spring onion and garlic. When they are golden, lower to medium heat and add the peas and faba beans and sauté about 5 minutes. Add the butter and stir until it melts, then add the wine and lower the heat a little. Leave it about 10 minutes until it has been reduced.
In a frying pan with a thin layer of olive oil over high heat, mark the loins on the part of the skin.
Add the drained chard and the cod loins to the pan with the skin facing upwards and cook for about ten minutes over a very low heat. Turn off the heat and add the green round beans and if desired, the aromatic herbs a little bit chopped. Let stand covered a few minutes before serving.
You can prepare it in advance and heat over low heat before serving.
Skrei is a Norwegian cod that is fished in a respectful way with the sea and the maintenance of the other species, certified by MSC (Marine Stewardship Council).