ZUCCHINI FRITTATA RECIPE
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 2 small zucchini or 1 medium washed and cut into thin slices
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil (and a little more to grease the molds)
- 8 ecological eggs 100 ml. milk
- sea salt
- 4 slices of smoked bacon (optional, recommended)
- 8-10 basil leaves
- basil leaves to decorate
- freshly grated cheese (idiazabal, sheep … to taste)
In a pan over medium high heat sauté the onion and zucchini in the olive oil. When the onion begins to brown, remove from heat. In a bowl, mix the eggs with salt and milk and beat well with a rod or blender until the mixture has enough bubbles. To give it a plus of fluffiness, you can separate a pair of egg whites and beat them separately until form soft peaks, then mix them with the rest with a spatula.
Add zucchini and onion to the bowl. In a pan without oil, put the bacon and let it cook over high heat until it is crispy. Mix with the rest and add the basil leaves.
You can use single or single oven molds, greas them with a little extra virgin olive oil. Place in a preheated oven at 220º for about 20 minutes, until golden brown.
To serve, add some extra leaf of basil and grated cheese, parmesan, idiazabal, even blue cheese.