LEMON POPPY SEED MADELEINES RECIPE
- 3/4 cup of butter and a little more for the molds
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup of whole cane sugar
- the zest of two lemons
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of organic wheat flour
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 2 tablespoons of poppy seeds
Mix sugar and butter with a wire whisk. Add the eggs one by one and finally the lemon zest and vanilla. Pass the mixture to a bowl and add half the flour and the yeast. Mix with a spatula and add the milk. Stir well and add the rest of the flour and poppy seeds. Fill the molds previously greased and bake at 180º for about 25-30 minutes or until check with a wooden stick that are baked.
You can use a cake mold as well with the same recipe.